Lawrence R. Lesser, Esq.
Lawrence R. Lesser is Of Counsel with the firm. Larry focuses his practice on financial services.
Larry represents financial institutions, primarily in the areas of documentation of secured transactions, bankruptcy and loan workouts. Those secured transactions typically take the form of asset based, structured finance and real estate transactions. Larry is also responsible for a substantial corporate practice that primarily involves the representation of privately owned companies that have assumed an aggressive acquisition strategy.
Before Friedman Schuman, Larry was a Partner in the Wolf Block, LLP, Financial Services and Corporate/Securities practice groups. He was the chairman of the Financial Services Group. Larry was a founding partner of the law firm of Lesser & Kaplin, PC, which concentrated in the representation of financial institutions.
Areas of Practice
- Financial Services
- Creditors’ Rights
- Pennsylvania, 1967
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1967
- Temple University
- B.S. – 1964
Honors and Awards
- Chai Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (ABA) , Member, Business Banking and Commercial Financial Services Committees
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery County Chairman, Member, Banking and Business Law Section
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference
- National Tay Sachs & Allied Diseases’ Advisory Board, Former Chairman
- Villanova Law School Alumni Association, President
Past Employment Positions
- Lesser & Kaplin, P.C., Founding Partner