Marjorie J. Scharpf, Esq.
Marjorie J. Scharpf has more than thirty years of experience, concentrating her practice in estate planning and estate and trust administration.
She also regularly represents clients in business and corporate matters, business succession planning, elder law, and general taxation matters. Her practice has focused on helping small and family-owned businesses with general tax, business and succession planning.
Marjorie’s clients have included numerous taxable and tax-exempt organizations in all stages of the business cycle from incorporation and ongoing operations to dissolution and liquidation. Marjorie has given presentations on tax and estate planning issues to various groups.
Prior to joining Friedman Schuman, PC, Marjorie practiced with Flamm, Boroff & Bacine, PC, in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania and before that, with Kahn, Dees, Donovan & Kahn, LLP, in Evansville, Indiana. While in Indiana, Marjorie served as Chairman of the Evansville Bar Association Elder Law Committee and President of the Employee Benefits Council.
She has represented clients before the Internal Revenue Service and in court, including appearances before the Court of Appeals in the Third, Fourth and Seventh Circuits.
While at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Marjorie was a member of the University of Pittsburgh Law Review. After graduation, she had the honor of serving as a law clerk in the United States District Court for Delaware for two years.
Marjorie is an avid runner. This fall she plans to run the Ocean City Half Marathon and the Evansville Half Marathon.
Areas of Practice
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Elder Law
- Pennsylvania, 1982
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Juris Doctor – 1982
- Law Review: University of Pittsburgh Law Review, Member
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- LL.M. – 1991
- Major: Taxation
- University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Arts – 1979
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Montgomery County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Kahn, Dees, Donovan & Kahn, LLP
- United States District Court for Delaware, Law Clerk
- Flamm, Boroff & Bacine, PC