How can I prove nursing home negligence?

Making the decision to put a loved one in a nursing home is never easy. There is often a fear that your loved one won’t be properly taken care of and in some extreme cases, may even be neglected or abused. We trust nursing homes to take care of our loved ones when they need it most. We expect that our loved ones will be given proper nutrition, the medicine they have been prescribed, and will be moved regularly if necessary.

If you believe that your loved one is being neglected by their nursing home, the most important thing you can do is to gather evidence. If you plan to bring a lawsuit for nursing home negligence, you will have to fulfill the burden of proof. Do your best to preserve any evidence that you may find. Evidence of abuse may include welts, bruises, bite marks, or unsanitary conditions. You may want to take photographs of any alarming conditions or evidence of abuse that you find at the nursing home that can be used to fulfill the burden of proof. First, you should speak to the nursing home administration. If they fail to do anything, you may want to consider filing a report of neglect with The Pennsylvania Department of Health’s Division of Nursing Care Facilities. If you believe that your loved one has been neglected by a nursing home, contact our firm today so we can discuss your options.

If you need the services of an experienced Montgomery County attorney who focuses on personal injury or medical negligence, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation today.

News & Resources
Can Pennsylvania stores and retailers face lability for selling defective products?

Have you or a loved one sustained injuries caused by defective products? If so, this blog explores who can face liability for…

Read more
Can estate planning protect my business following my death in Pennsylvania?

If you want to protect your business upon your passing, understanding the steps you must take to do so is crucial. Read…

Read more
Friedman Schuman - Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Real Estate, Corporate & Business Law, Financial Services, Wills, Trusts & Estates
Contact Friedman Schuman!