Defective drug injuries in Pennsylvania | Your legal options

If you are facing the consequences of a defective drug injury, you may want to consider your legal options. Read on and reach out to our skilled personal injury attorneys today to learn more about how we can help you obtain the compensation you need to heal and move forward.

Can I file a legal claim for a defective drug injury?

It is important to recognize that a defective drug injury relies on who is legally accountable for the cause of the injury. In the event that the drug manufacturer did not take proper care during the design, manufacturing, or marketing process of their drug, they can be held responsible for your injuries. If the drug became defective during the distribution process, you may be able to seek legal compensation for the negligent distributor who caused your injuries. With the help of a personal injury lawyer, you can determine who you should seek legal action against for your defective drug injury as part of their services to you.

Who can be held liable?

To file your own lawsuit, you must decide who the liable party or parties are in your case. This may be the company that manufactured the drug. Unfortunately, many times large corporations take the easy way out when it comes to safety testing in order to save themselves money, and they do not always act quickly enough to pinpoint a drug once a defect is discovered.

In some instances, the liability for a drug injury is with a negligent doctor or pharmacist who hurt a patient by prescribing or providing them with inaccurate medication. With this kind of case, the injured party may be able to pursue a medical malpractice lawsuit against their medical care provider.

A lawyer can examine your case and decide who the potentially responsible party for your injuries may be. A lawyer can also help you gather evidence of liability to use in your case, like:

  • Witness statements
  • Expert testimony
  • Medical records
  • Relevant photographs

Can I recover compensation for my injuries?

Keep in mind that you will also want to identify and quantify your damages. For instance, your injuries may qualify you to receive non-economic damages, including the following:

  • Pain and suffering
  • Reduced quality of life
  • Loss of consortium

You may also be eligible to receive economic damages for issues including:

  • Medical expenses
  • Related expenses
  • Loss of wages
  • Loss of earning capacity

Give us a call today to learn more about your legal options. At Friedman Schuman, we are on your side.


Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.

News & Resources
How can I amend my will in Pennsylvania?

If you're looking to update and amend your will, understanding the steps involved in this process is critical. This blog explores more.

Read more
What is the statute of limitations for a slip and fall claim in Pennsylvania?

Are you interested in filing a slip and fall claim? If so, do you know how much time you have? This blog…

Read more
Friedman Schuman - Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Real Estate, Corporate & Business Law, Financial Services, Wills, Trusts & Estates
Contact Friedman Schuman!