Restaurant Accidents in Pennsylvania | What to Know

Unfortunately, there are numerous ways for an accident to occur in a restaurant. Read on to learn more about restaurant accidents and what to do if an injury occurs.

What are the Most Common Restaurant Accidents?

When dealing with hot food, sharp knives, spilled drinks, and other hazardous conditions, it is easy for an accident to occur. The most common restaurant accidents include:

  • Slip and fall accidents
  • Tripping accidents
  • Food poisoning
  • Spilled hot liquids or foods
  • Falls due to unstable seats

What Steps Should I Take After an Accident?

If you are injured in a restaurant accident, it is important to take the following steps:

  • Call 911
    • The police can send an ambulance, file an accident report, and more.
  • Seek medical attention
    • It is important to go to the hospital, your doctor, or an urgent care facility right away. This will ensure that your injuries are properly treated while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries.
  • Notify the manager
    • Be sure to notify the manager that an accident has occurred. The manager should then file an accident report. If possible, obtain his or her name and a copy of the report.
  • Document the scene
    • While waiting for the ambulance, it is important to rather proof of negligence. If you are able, take pictures and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
  • Obtain witness contacts
    • If anyone saw your accident occur, they may be able to corroborate your version of events. Ask witnesses for their names and contact information.
  • Contact an attorney
    • An experienced attorney may be able to obtain further proof of negligence. This may include security camera footage, police reports, and more.
  • File your claim on time
    • In order to take legal action, you must file your claim on time. In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations is generally two years from the date of the accident. Failing to file within two years will likely mean losing the opportunity to recover the compensation you deserve. In order to avoid missing any important deadlines, reach out to an attorney as soon as possible.

If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Contact our firm today to discuss your case with an experienced and dedicated personal injury attorney. We will fight to recover the compensation you deserve.


Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.

News & Resources
How do irrevocable trusts work in Pennsylvania?

Though you may have heard of irrevocable trusts, do you know what these do? If not, this blog explores why you should…

Read more
How does alcohol increase the risk of PA a motorcycle accident?

Drinking alcohol increases the risk of a motorcycle accident. This blog explores what you should do if you were hurt by a…

Read more
Friedman Schuman - Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Real Estate, Corporate & Business Law, Financial Services, Wills, Trusts & Estates
Contact Friedman Schuman!