If you have sustained injuries in a parking lot accident, you must protect yourself by having a plan. To learn more about the steps you can take that will increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim, continue reading. Our legal team is prepared to assist you with your upcoming claim. Give our Montgomery County, PA parking lot injury attorney a call to schedule your initial consultation. Here are some questions you may have regarding your parking lot accident:
What are the most common causes of parking lot accidents?
There are various factors that may cause a parking lot accident. The most common causes of parking lot accidents in Pennsylvania are as follows:
- Failure to remove weather-related hazards
- Inadequate security
- Standing water
- Insufficient parking lot lights
What steps should I take following a parking lot accident?
Consider taking the following steps while you are still at the scene of the parking lot accident to maximize your chances of filing a valid claim:
- Call the police. They will be able to conduct a report to document your accident. Police will also bring an ambulance to the scene to treat injuries.
- While you wait for the ambulance, if there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- Take photos of the scene of your accident and any hazards that played a part in your accident. Take photos of your injuries.
- Once the ambulance arrives, seek immediate medical treatment. It is important that you seek treatment as soon as possible, even if you do not immediately feel symptoms of an injury.
- After your treatment is complete, collect all relevant medical documentation that states the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof. Your attorney will be able to collect further evidence to support your claim such as surveillance footage of your accident as it happened.
What is the statute of limitations for parking lot accident claims in Pennsylvania?
In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years. This means that you will have two years from the date of your parking lot accident to bring attention to your personal injury claim. The sooner you can bring attention to your claim, the better. Failure to file your claim within this timeframe may result in you being permanently time-barred from suing. To avoid this and to get started with this process as soon as possible, give our experienced Montgomery County, PA personal injury attorneys a call today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.