Accidents caused by the negligence of another party can be devastating for the victim. These accidents are even more devastating and difficult to handle when the victim is diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury. Often, traumatic brain injuries are caused by falls, motor vehicle accidents, sporting accidents, assault, and more. These injuries are not only life-changing from day to day, they also take a significant financial burden on the individual. In fact, the victim of a traumatic brain injury may pay between $85,000 and $3 million over a lifetime for medical expenses. Of course, this is very expensive and very few people have the financial means to pay for such costs. When the accident is caused by a negligent party, the victim may want to seek damages that can help cover some of the burdens that are both financial and nonfinancial in nature.
Damages for a TBI
Financial damages can include the following:
- All hospitalization, surgeries, scans, tests, and medication required by the injury
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Hiring a home aide
- Medical equipment and devices as well as the modifications that must be made to the home and car to accommodate such equipment
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
Non-financial damages can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of independence
- Emotional trauma associated with the accident
If you have sustained a traumatic brain injury due to another person’s negligence, contact our firm today.
Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.