If you have been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another party, you are likely looking to take legal action. To learn more about the steps you can take to increase your chances of filing a successful claim after a car accident, continue reading and reach out to our experienced Montgomery County, PA personal injury attorneys.
What are the most common causes of car accidents?
The most common causes of car accidents are typically forms of human error and negligence behind the wheel. Some of the most common forms of negligence to lead to car accidents include the following:
- Texting and driving
- Using other electronic devices while driving
- Disregarding traffic signs or signals
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Driving tired
- Excessive speeding
- Reckless driving
- Driving distracted
What are the most common types of car accidents?
There are many different types of car accidents. The most common accidents include:
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Multi-car pile-ups
- Taxi accidents
- Side-impact collisions
How can I recover compensation after a car accident?
Take the following steps to increase your chances of recovering compensation by filing a valid claim after a car accident:
- Call the police. The police will bring medical assistance to the scene, document the accident with a police report, and conduct chemical testing.
- While you wait for the police and ambulance to arrive, if you can, take photos of the scene of the accident and your injuries.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their contact information including their name, phone number, and email address.
- Collect the other party’s insurance information. Keep this conversation short and polite.
- Seek medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives, It is important that you seek medical treatment even if you do not immediately feel symptoms of an injury. Many injuries may arise later. Going to the hospital can also provide you with important proof of the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Collect all medical documentation relating to your treatment. These documents should state the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can assist you in obtaining further proof of negligence, including security camera footage of your accident as it happened.
Do not hesitate to contact our firm today to learn more about our services and how we can assist you. Our legal team will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.