Sustaining injuries in a stairwell accident can be an overwhelming and stressful time for many individuals. It can become hard to know what steps you should take following an accident that was caused by the negligence of another party. To learn more about stairwell accidents and the steps to take to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim, continue reading and reach out to our experienced personal injury attorney. Our firm is prepared to walk you through the steps of the legal process ahead. Give us a call today to get started.
What are the most common causes of stairwell accidents?
There are many factors that may lead to a stairwell accident. The following are the most common causes of stairwell accidents:
- Missing steps
- Uneven spacing between steps
- Loose railings
- Poor lighting in the stairwell
- Inadequate security
- Damaged steps
What steps should I take after being injured in a stairwell accident?
After you have sustained injuries in an accident, it may be hard to come up with a plan of action. Consider taking the following steps while you are still at the scene of your accident to protect yourself and to increase your chances of filing a successful claim:
- Alert the authorities of your accident and request medical assistance. The police will bring an ambulance to the scene for treatment. They will also document the accident by conducting a police report.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, if you can, take photos and videos of the scene.
- If there were any individuals who witnesses your accident occur, collect their contact information.
- Seek medical attention as soon as the ambulance arrives.
- Collect all related medical documentation.
- Retain the services of a skilled personal injury lawyer who will work to satisfy the burden of proof necessary to recover the compensation you require to heal.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Pennsylvania?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Pennsylvania is generally two years. From the date of your accident, you will have two years to take legal action in a personal injury claim. It is best to take legal action as soon as possible after an accident to avoid being barred from suing. To get started today, give our experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorney a call today to discuss how we can assist you. Contact our firm today to schedule your initial consultation.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.