Brett J. Kaminsky
Brett J. Kaminsky is an associate at Friedman Schuman who concentrates his practice on medical malpractice, personal injury, crime victims and product liability litigation.
Brett has successfully assisted numerous clients with securing compensation for them while making sure that those responsible are held accountable for their actions. As a former medical defense attorney, Brett has invaluable insight into the industry and can offer a unique perspective from both sides of any case, which makes him a more effective advocate for his plaintiff clients. Over the course of his career, Brett has recovered millions of dollars in damages for his clients.
A 2011 graduate from the University of Maryland with a degree in criminal justice, Brett obtained his Juris Doctor from the Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law in 2014.
While pursuing his legal degree, Brett was heavily involved with the school’s nationally ranked trial team, winning multiple trial advocacy awards at graduation. He also served as a member of the board of the moot court team and was voted by the students and faculty to deliver the commencement speech at graduation. After graduation, Brett served in an adjunct role, helping to coach the school’s nationally ranked trial team.
Prior to joining Friedman Schuman, PC, Brett worked for several prominent law firms where he gained considerable trial experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants alike in their medical malpractice and personal injury claims.
Brett has received designation from The National Trial Lawyers as a “Top 40 Under 40”, US News & World Report’s Best Lawyers: “Ones to Watch”, as well as inclusion as a Super Lawyer’s “Rising Star” in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Brett also serves as an Arbitrator in Montgomery County.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law
- J.D., 2014
- Pogust Braslow & Millrood, LLC – Graduation Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, 2014
- Marshall Brennan Graduation Award for Excellence in Teaching and Community Service, 2014
- Best Student Performance for Introduction to Trial Advocacy
- Best Oral Argument for Legal Methods Section
- University of Maryland
- B.A., Criminal Justice – 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- The Pennsylvania Association of Justice