Friedman Schuman is looking for talented legal professionals. Below are some of our openings. If you believe you are a good fit with our firm, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commercial Loan Documentation Specialist
The Center City Philadelphia office of Friedman Schuman seeks a Commercial Loan Documentation Specialist to assist in its busy commercial real estate lending practice. Prior legal experience is valuable, but not required. Duties will include reviewing loan approvals, preparing initial drafts of loan documents and working with the attorneys to close loans in a timely and professional manner. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, proficient in Microsoft Word, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and have at least three (3) years of experience documenting commercial loans. The firm provides a collegial environment, with the potential to work remotely on certain days of the week. Compensation will be based on experience.
Attorney – Real Estate
Friedman Schuman has an immediate opening for a real estate attorney with over five (5+) years of experience. The ideal candidate will have substantial experience in a wide range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, sales, and leasing. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The selected candidate will have an opportunity to succeed to a senior partner’s book of business to augment the candidate’s portable book of business. The firm is flexible with respect to remote work, although a regular presence in our Fort Washington office will be required. The candidate must be licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey license is a plus.
Lateral Attorney Opportunities
Friedman Schuman is seeking senior associates and partners to grow its existing litigation practice (business, personal injury, and medical malpractice). Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, energetic, and possess a strong command of civil litigation in both state and federal courts. Portable business of $300,000 preferred but not required. Caseload would also be supplemented by additional cases generated by the law firm. The firm offers flexible working hours, with partial remote work arrangements considered. Compensation shall be commensurate with experience. This position is perfect for a candidate looking to transition from a larger firm to a medium-sized firm with a superior work/life balance.
Support Staff Opportunities
Friedman Schuman is seeking Legal Assistants and Paralegals for multiple departments throughout our firm, including Litigation, Financial Services, Wills, Trusts & Estates, and Real Estate!
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an established and diverse practice with primary offices in Philadelphia and Fort Washington. The ideal candidate will have Legal Assistant experience within a law firm setting or a paralegal certification. Candidates should be highly organized and possess drive, energy, and high professional standards. They should be polished professionals with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This role supports the delivery of quality legal services to clients by providing secretarial and administrative assistance to attorneys, performing complex and specialized administrative and clerical tasks, and working collaboratively with others within and outside of the department. The ideal candidate would have a pleasant and positive attitude with a focus on the administrative and secretarial piece.
Duties and Responsibilities (commensurate with experience and department requirements):
- Manages multiple attorney calendars as needed, including initial scheduling, confirmations, and reminders;
- Manage court (e-filing) emails for at least one attorney;
- Schedule and arrange court conferences, trials, and meetings including conference rooms and meals;
- Format and finalize attorney dictation and e-file same with the court as needed;
- Manage and organize client files in the Firm’s cloud-based file management system;
- Prepare and process filing notifications;
- Use legal technology including case management software and electronic document storage system;
- Maintain familiarity with court filing rules to file court pleadings and generally interact with appropriate courts;
- Periodically update clients on case development;
- Compose and process legal documents such as routine cover letters and enclosures, memorandum, and complex legal documents for distribution and filing;
- Prepare legal documents both with and without templates;
- Enter time for at least one attorney;
- Open files both physically and electronically;
- Occasionally serve as backup for front desk and receptionist duties; and
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products – Word, Outlook, etc.
- Technologically savvy with previous use of electronic case management systems
- Experience with cloud-based document management (Worldox/PracticeMaster is a plus!)
- Paralegal experience is a plus
The Firm provides competitive salaries and benefits to all staff.
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the maintenance of an employment environment which is welcoming of persons from diverse backgrounds and free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, and in which all of the legal rights of our employees are recognized and protected. Unlawful discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, all other characteristics proscribed by law, and discrimination on the basis of gender identity and/or expression is strictly prohibited.