Kerry Scott Schuman, Esq.
Kerry’s current work includes representing lenders in structuring real estate, inventory, accounts receivable, Article IX, construction, lines of credit, and other types of loans. His commercial loan documentation experience is in excess of two decades.
Kerry has broad-based experience in representing both institutional and private lenders in loan documentation, loan workouts, foreclosure, REOs, possessory actions and bankruptcy matters. His advice is sought out by lenders for both the structuring of loans and the best strategies for collection.
In the Corporate and Business Law arena, Kerry focuses on start-ups, entity formation, contracts, employment agreements, partnership and shareholder agreements, acquisitions and sales of businesses.
As a member of the Real Estate financing and structuring commercial transactions, Kerry assists clients with commercial acquisitions and sales, residential acquisitions and sales, title insurance issues, entity selection and financing.
As a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business and businesses manager, Kerry understands the complex decision-making process and the needs of business clients. He is vice chairman of the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board.
Areas of Practice
- Financial Services
- Creditors’ Rights
- Corporate and Business Law
- Real Estate
- Pennsylvania, 1984
- New Jersey, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1983
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Finance and Commerce
- B.S. – 1980
- Major: Economics
Honors and Awards
- Rated, BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Land Title Association, Member
- Red Book Rated: The Bond Experts Municipal Market Place
- Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board, Vice-Chair