Harold M. Goldner
Harold Goldner is a Principal at Friedman Schuman who represents both employers and employees in contract, employment discrimination, non-compete, non-disclosure and trade secret disputes from before the filing of claims through trial and appeal. He prepares employment contracts, human resources policies and procedures for employers as well as offering training to employers and even fellow lawyers on employment claim avoidance. He drafts and interprets restrictive covenants and other professional contracts both on behalf of those businesses seeking to secure their assets and for employees looking to make career changes and enforces and defends these contracts in state and Federal courts.
Mr. Goldner is a trial lawyer with more than forty-two years of courtroom and appellate experience. He has served as President of the Eastern Pennsylvania Affiliate of the National Employment Lawyers Association. He has been Chair of the Labor & Employment Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and Co-Chair of the Employment & Labor Law Committee of the Montgomery Bar Association. He has served as chair of the Montgomery County Law Reporter Committee of the Montgomery Bar Association. He currently serves on the Federal Practice Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He has been a Director of the Montgomery Bar Association, former Chair of the Member Services Committee, and has also served on that association’s Executive Committee. He has been Chair of the Solo & Small Firm Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and has been on its governing Council since 2001. He is also on the Board of Directors of the Minnesota Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company and serves on its Executive, Investment, and Governance Committees. He is the immediate past Chair of the Human Relations Commission of Lower Merion Township the enabling ordinance and regulations for which he helped to draft, and he has served as its liaison to the Montgomery County Advisory Council to the PHRC. He currently serves as a facilitator for the Tri-State Human Relations Coalition.
Mr. Goldner also has written numerous professional and technology pieces that have been published in national and regional publications and has appeared for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, American Bar Association, and many county bar and other trade and professional associations speaking on employment, electronic discovery, litigation and other technology topics.
When not practicing law, Mr. Goldner plays oboe with the Lansdowne Symphony Orchestra, or goes stargazing with the Delaware Valley Amateur Astronomers.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Corporate and Business Law
- Trade Secrets and Non-Compete Litigation
- Unemployment Compensation claims and defense
- Personal Injury (Plaintiff and Defense)
- Training and internal investigation of workplace incidents and conduct
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Temple University School of Law,
- LL.M in Trial Advocacy
- Boston University
- The University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Arts
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Practice Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association;
- Board of Directors of the Minnesota Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company;
- Executive, Investment, and Governance Committee
- Immediate past Chair of the Human Relations Commission of Lower Merion Township;
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Section Council
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Solo & Small Firm Practice Section Council
- Facilitator for the Tri-State Human Relations Coalition;
- President, Philadelphia Business Executives
Resources and Publications
- “How to Succeed with Staff” (ABA GP Solo Magazine)
- “You Can’t Wear That! Dress and Appearance Codes in the Office (ABA GP Solo Magazine)
- Goldner’s blog about employment law matters can be found at http://www.humanracehorses.com.