David A. Applebaum, Esq.
David is a Shareholder of Friedman Schuman and Chairperson of the firm’s Wills, Trusts, and Estates department and Co-Chairperson of the Business Law department.
David is recognized as one of the Montgomery County’s most respected business and estate planning lawyers. His knowledge of tax law and his business experience provides clients with strategic and cost-saving benefits in connection with commercial transactions, real estate, and wills, trusts, and estates.
In his business practice, David is known for his ability to resolve complicated matters effectively. He advises clients in all facets of business, including entity formation (i.e. L.L.C.’s, partnerships, corporations, and trusts), prepares letters of intent, operating, partnership, shareholder, and buy-sell agreements, and actively assists clients with purchases, financing, mergers, separation and sale transactions. David also provides legal advice with respect to employee issues (i.e., profit and ownership participation, compensation, termination, life insurance, and death). His clients include family-owned businesses, real estate investors, and unrelated business partners engaged in a wide range of commercial activities.
In David’s wills, trusts and estates practice, David is frequently asked to counsel clients on contentious matters. He is a trusted advisor in all levels of estate planning, including tax and retirement planning, and estate administration. He often works closely with other non-legal advisors and accountants to provide his clients with comprehensive estate planning advice. David also counsels estate beneficiaries, executors, and trustees, guiding them through the process of estate or trust administration and providing solutions to a wide range of family, tax and legal issues.
Through life cycle events, David’s expertise in estate and business planning has proven invaluable in helping his clients maintain family harmony, resolve disputes, build efficient businesses and preserve wealth.
Areas of Practice
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Corporate and Business Law
- Real Estate
- Pennsylvania, 1980
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- LL.M., Taxation – 1988
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1980
- Temple University School of Business Administration, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.B.A. magna cum laude – 1977
- Major: Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Member
- National Association of Estate Planners and Councils, Member
- Montgomery County Estate Planning Council