Peter S. Friedman
Peter S. Friedman is a founding shareholder of the firm. Peter concentrates his practice on Real Estate Law, Land Use and Zoning, as well as Corporate and Business Law.
In over forty years of practice, Peter has represented a wide variety of clients, including real estate developers, landlords, national retailers, governmental departments and religious institutions in connection with an array of real estate transactions and commercial development projects.
Peter has significant expertise in the following areas:
Representation of Landlords and Tenants in the preparation and negotiation of leases for:
- In-line retail tenants
- Free-standing retail stores
- Neighborhood Shopping Centers
- Restaurants, business and medical offices
- Industrial buildings
The purchase and sale of land, existing shopping centers and residential properties
Representation of Borrowers in commercial loan transactions
Preparation of Condominium documentation
Section 1031 Exchanges
Peter is very experienced in handling matters before zoning hearing boards, as well as securing land development and subdivision approvals for various development projects.
In the Corporate and Business Law Practice, Peter counsels individuals, limited liability companies and corporations in connection with a wide variety of business agreements, including: the purchase and sale of small and medium-sized businesses, restaurants and professional practices.
Peter is also a long-standing member of the Advisory Board of Bluestone Country Club, Abramson Senior Care and is actively involved with the Finance Committee of the Lake Naomi & Timber Trails residential community in Pocono Pines, PA. He is Chairman of the Lawyers + Financial Service Division of the State of Israel Bonds for Philadelphia.
Areas of Practice
- Pennsylvania, 1976
- New Jersey, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Tax Court
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- LL.M., Taxation – 1979
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1976
- American University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.S. – 1973
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers 2004 and 2006
- Rated, AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member
- Meadowlands Country Club, Board of Governors