Thomas A. Nelson, III
Thomas A. Nelson, III is a Shareholder of the firm and concentrates his practice on financial services, corporate and business law and real estate.
Tom represents a variety of lending institutions, municipalities, businesses and individuals in complex commercial financing and real estate transactions.
Tom divides his practice between the representation of lenders in a variety of commercial finance transactions, including secured and unsecured loans, tax-exempt financings, term and revolving credit facilities, real estate and asset-based lending, and the representation of businesses in a variety of matters.
Prior to joining the firm in 1998, Tom was the contract administrator for a not-for-profit subsidiary of the Temple University Health System documenting the acquisition of primary care medical practices.
Areas of Practice
- Represented a regional bank in the leasehold financing of a multi-building office park in excess of $25,000,000.
- Represented a local community bank in financing the acquisition of a retail shopping center. The loan, which was over $13,000,000, closed on time despite many hurdles and tight time frames.
- Pennsylvania, 1996
- New Jersey, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. – 1996
- Ursinus College, Collegeville, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 1992
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member