If you have been injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. But, in order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to prove that this negligence occurred. This can be difficult when it comes to car accidents. Accidents can occur in the blink of an eye and sometimes, what happened is not entirely clear. In cases like this, you may need to enlist the help of an accident reconstruction expert. Read on to learn more.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Car accident reconstruction is performed by an expert in order to determine the events that occurred leading up to an accident and at the moment of collision. This can be done by:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Inspecting the damage done to all vehicles
- Reviewing any medical records of injured parties
- Studying the police report
- Examining pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
Do I Need a Car Accident Reconstruction?
Not every car accident case will require reconstruction. You may benefit from accident reconstruction if:
- You do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help My Case?
Accident reconstruction can help your case in a number of important ways. Through the process, an expert may be able to determine:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, contact our firm today to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. We are here to advocate for you and walk you through the process each step of the way. Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.