Believe it or not, grocery store accidents happen much more than you might think. If you have been recently injured in a grocery store accident, you are likely looking to recover financial compensation for your damages. To learn more about filing a personal injury claim following a grocery store accident, continue reading. If you require assistance with your upcoming claim, do not hesitate to contact our experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorney.
What are the most common causes of grocery store accidents?
Negligent grocery store management and staff are the reason for many causes of grocery store accidents. The most common causes of grocery store accidents are as follows:
- Unsafe parking lot conditions
- Unattended items on the floor
- Falling products
- Debris that has been left unattended
Can I recover compensation after a grocery store accident?
When filing a personal injury claim, you will likely be eligible to recover compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial burdens after a grocery store accident. Retaining the services of an experienced personal injury attorney will assist you in recovering the following damages:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Medical expenses
What steps should I take after a grocery store accident?
It is important that you take the following steps after a grocery store accident to protect yourself and to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim in the future:
- Notify the store owner. They should create a report of the accident. If possible, collect a copy of this report.
- Call the police. They will document the accident with a police report. They will also bring medical assistance to the scene.
- Seek immediate medical treatment. Collect all medical documentation relating to this treatment.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident and any hazards that played a part.
- Retain the services of an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorney who will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Pennsylvania?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years in Pennsylvania. This means that you will have two years from the date of your grocery store accident to bring attention to your personal injury claim. Failure to file your claim within his timeframe may result in you being permanently time-barred from taking legal action. It is best to file your claim as soon as possible by reaching out to our experienced personal injury attorney today.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.