Do you plan to watch fireworks on the Fourth of July? If so, there are a number of important precautions to take. Read on to learn more about firework safety in Pennsylvania.
Firework Safety Tips
There are a number of important safety precautions to take before lighting fireworks, as well as during and after. These precautions include:
- Never let children handle or go near the fireworks. Fireworks should only be used by responsible adults.
- If a firework does not go off at first, do not try to relight it. Many people are injured every year by doing so.
- Do not set off fireworks until you are positive that everyone is a safe distance away.
- Once you have set the fireworks off, ensure you douse them in cool water before disposing of them. This reduces the chance of a trash can fire.
- If you have a dog or another pet, ensure you do not let him or her outside during the firework festivities. Oftentimes, the loud noises and bright lights can cause pets to behave erratically.
- Always ensure that there is a water source and an extinguisher nearby in case you need it.
- Use protective glasses.
- Never stand directly over a firework when lighting them off.
What do I do if I am Injured in a Firework Accident?
If you are injured in a firework accident due to another party’s negligence, there is a good chance you will be entitled to recover compensation. But, in order to do so, you will have to fulfill the burden of proof. This can be done by taking the following steps:
- Call 911- The police can send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Document the scene- Make sure to take pictures and videos at the scene of the accident. Document your injuries as well as any damage done to the scene.
- Seek medical attention- This can help ensure that your injuries are properly treated while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. This can play a large role in a personal injury case, so be sure to ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
If you attended a friend or loved one’s home or an event, and you have been injured in a firework accident due to negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Contact our firm to speak with an experienced attorney.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.