Today’s unpredictable economic climate challenges both creditors and debtors in unexpected ways. The attorneys at Friedman Schuman are focused on protecting the interests of their clients by offering proactive and cost-effective solutions designed to maximize recovery. The attorneys in Friedman Schuman’s Creditors’ Rights Practice have significant experience assisting creditors, including banks and other lending institutions in their efforts to collect assets, restructure or otherwise resolve loans with problem debtors. If you are faced with a violation of your rights, it is important to take legal action and hold debtors responsible. The experienced creditors’ rights attorneys at Friedman Schuman are a quality resource for creditors’ who are faced with various legal matters. Contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.
Our Legal Services
We assist clients in Pennsylvania with loan workouts, bankruptcy proceedings, reorganizations and all forms of complex litigation. We negotiate and analyze workouts, receiverships, and debt restructurings, as well as vigorously represent interests of creditors in all types of proceedings in both state and federal court, as well as before the bankruptcy court. Our attorneys routinely address issues arising under and in connection with statutory lien law including the Uniform Commercial Code and various state laws pertaining to establishment and enforcement of liens, mortgage foreclosures, collection, and repossessions, as well as obtaining, perfecting and enforcing mortgages, liens and judgments. Our firm has experience assisting clients with matters of:
- Asset recovery
- Possessory actions
- Mortgage foreclosures
- Loan workouts
Some of our firm’s notable accomplishments include:
- Representing various financial institutions in workout, bankruptcy proceedings, and foreclosure proceedings, including a $20 million condominium project, and an $8 million condominium project
- Negotiated and documented agreements of sale for a $3.5 million commercial building on behalf of financial investors holding REO property
- Represented a debtor in a $26 million hotel debt restructuring
- Successfully defended two secured creditors in state court litigation initiated by contractors claiming unjust enrichment and seeking the imposition of constructive trusts in an amount in excess of $2 million
- Represented lender in 5 property mixed-use portfolio in Philadelphia, preparing workout documentation leading to voluntary sale of three properties and workout on remaining property.
- Prepared workout and foreclosure on multi-asset collateral (including real estate in PA and NJ); marketable securities and membership interests in LLCs, leading to 100% recovery for lender.
Contact our Tri-State Creditors’ Rights Attorneys
When clients in the Philadelphia area need a legal resource to protect their interests, they can count on the experience and skill of Friedman Schuman’s Creditors’ Rights Group. For over 40 years, our attorneys have represented the interests of our clients through any creditors’ rights matter they may be facing. It is essential to have the guidance of a firm that understands how to effectively litigate matters in state and federal courts. Quality legal representation can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. The attorneys at Friedman Schuman are prepared to handle even the most complex legal matters and mitigate losses to the fullest extent. Contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation for strong legal representation.