Friedman Schuman maintains one of the most prominent and experienced financial services practices in the Tri-State area. For more than 40 years, our attorneys have represented a wide range of financial institutions — from national and regional banks — to financial services companies, and other lending organizations. Our comprehensive understanding of this industry enables Friedman Schuman’s financial services attorneys to strategically advise and assist financial institutions through times of instability and an ever-changing regulatory landscape.
Much of our financial team’s practice is dedicated to representing lenders in all aspects of negotiating, documenting and closing a variety of secured and unsecured credit facilities. Over the years, our attorneys have structured and documented real estate transactions, SBA loans, mezzanine debt offerings, and various other commercial, industrial, and asset-based lending transactions in excess of ten billion dollars.
We pride ourselves on our hands-on approach to the unique and considerable needs of financial services institutions and on our thorough understanding of both the law and market conditions our clients face. When needed, we are able to draw upon the considerable expertise of lawyers from our real estate, litigation and creditors’ rights practice groups to further assist our banking clients. Smart. Focused. Effective. This is the standard we hold ourselves to every day.
Areas of focus:
- Creditors’ Rights
- Commercial Lending
- Industrial Development Authority (IDA) — financing
- Tax-free financing
- Real estate and construction lending
- Asset-based lending
- Mezzanine financing
- Second lien financing
- Inter-creditor agreements
When clients in the Philadelphia area need an effective team of financial attorneys to guide them through financial matters, they can rely on Friedman Schuman. We are proud to serve clients in a variety of legal matters in both state and Federal court. Some of our notable cases include:
- As lender’s counsel, structured, drafted, and closed a complex $18 million tax-free construction to permanent loan transaction for a not-for-profit entity
- Served as lender’s counsel for over $100 million in asset-based credit facilities secured by real estate and other collateral in multiple jurisdictions
- Represented lender in all aspects of foreclosure, bankruptcy, and possession of $15 million in commercial property.
- Represented lender in three separate Sharia-compliant loan transactions totaling over $110,000,000.
- Represented lender in $36,000,000 construction to permanent loan with a swap for construction of a hotel and multi-family apartments.
Contact our experienced Financial Services Attorneys
The knowledgeable and skilled attorneys at Friedman Schuman have decades of experience providing regional and national financial institutions with strong legal representation. Contact Friedman Schuman to schedule a consultation.