Going for a swim this Labor Day? There are some safety precautions that you should consider before you and your loved ones hit the pool this holiday. Continue reading to discover the most important pool safety precautions to consider to avoid pool accidents.
If you have been injured in a swimming pool accident due to no fault of your own, you may be eligible to recover financial compensation for your damages. To learn more about this process, give our experienced personal injury attorney a call. We would be happy to walk you through the steps.
Pool Safety Tips to Consider
To avoid pool accidents, take into consideration the following pool safety tips to keep you and your loved ones safe by the pool this holiday:
- Do not allow electronic devices near the pool
- Be sure that there is proper covers, alarms, barrier, and fencing surrounding the pool
- Ensure the pool has drain covers
- Ensure that all guests are able to swim property if the pool is too deep for guests to stand comfortably in the water
- When the pool is not in use, stow away portable latter to avoid children from having access to the pool
- Be sure that everyone swimming understands where the shallow parts of the pool start and stop
- Never leave a child unattended in or around the water
- Have someone on the property who can perform CPR if necessary
- Do not swim while intoxicated
Am I eligible for compensation following a pool accident?
Pool accidents are very prevalent during the summer months. This is especially true when it comes to holidays such as Labor Day. If you believe that you have sustained injuries in a pool accident due to the negligence of the pool owner, you may be able to recover compensation in a premises liability claim.
The first step you should take is to retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who will work to prove negligence in your premises liability claim. They will work to prove that your accident was a direct result of the pool owner’s failure to ensure the lawful standard of care and safety. To support your claim, they will also work to recover evidence that will prove negligence was the cause of your accident including medical documentation, photos of the scene of the accident, and witness statements. To get started with this process, give our firm a call today. Our experienced attorney is here to help.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.