The municipal lawyers at Friedman Schuman realize that when we represent a local government, we are providing legal advice to each and every citizen that lives and works in that Borough, Township, or City. That's the Friedman Schuman difference.
Our attorneys approach government problem solving creatively and with the entire community in mind. While some solicitors are content to render legal advice by reading a statute or court decision and advising a manager or elected official what they can’t do, we pride ourselves in doing more than merely following that statute or decision, but using the law and our vast range of experience, together with the experience of the elected and appointed officials we represent, to solve problems economically and creatively with the welfare of the entire community in mind.
Friedman Schuman lawyers have experience representing virtually every form of local government in Pennsylvania, and currently represent Boroughs, Townships, Home Rule Municipalities, Authorities, and Tax Collectors in both Bucks and Montgomery Counties. Our expertise comes from more than 100 years of representation by our attorneys at public meetings, public hearings, planning commission meetings, and zoning hearing board meetings. We pride ourselves on utilizing our expertise in all facets of zoning, land use, public finance, and litigation to promote smart development, draft common-sense legislation, negotiate balanced and fair labor agreements and advance the growth and redevelopment of the communities we represent.
Currently, we represent Conshohocken Borough, Northampton Township, East Norriton Township, Whitemarsh Township, the Municipality of Norristown, Hatfield Township, Upper Merion Township, the Warminster Municipal Authority, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, and the Tax Collectors of Pennridge and Central Bucks School Districts in Bucks County.
That's the Friedman Schuman difference. Our results in some of the most complex legal matters in Bucks and Montgomery Counties speak for themselves and our efforts have earned our attorneys the reputation of being some of the best solicitors in the business. This is because no matter how large or small the matter we never lose sight of the fact that we are always working in the public interest. Whether it's representing a Township at a public meeting or fighting for the community to preserve open space, we never lose sight of what makes us Friedman Schuman.
In serving these communities and clients, Friedman Schuman attorneys have:
- Preserved more than 400 acres of Erdenheim Farm in Montgomery County as open space through negotiations with developers, foundations, and State and County Government.
- Represented the Turnpike Commission with Property Acquisition by Eminent Domain for the I-95 and Pennsylvania Turnpike Interchanges.
- Represented a consortium of Bucks County Tax Collectors against two School Districts in an ongoing battle to restore fair pay to the Collectors in a case that has been litigated to the doorstep of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
News & Events
- FSA Joins the Greater Valley Forge Transportation Management Association (GVF)
- FSA Attorneys Named 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Sean Kilkenny and Barbara Merlie Author an Article on The Pennsylvania Land Bank Law
- Sean Kilkenny Appointed to Montgomery County Community College Board of Trustees
- FSA Shareholder Sean P. Kilkenny Promoted to Lieutenant Colonel in Army Reserve
- Sean P. Kilkenny Named a 2012 "Lawyer on the Fast Track"
- Friedman Schuman Attorneys Named 2012 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Shareholders Peter Friedman and Michael Savona Featured Speakers at "Legal Issues Involving Local Governments" Seminar
- FSA Welcomes Alyson J. McDonald