Ron L. Woodman
Ron L. Woodman concentrates his practice on financial services, including complex transactions, regulatory compliance, documentation, litigation and bankruptcy representations. In this capacity, Mr. Woodman has represented a host of financial institutions, insurance carriers, premium finance companies, technology and software firms, equipment lessors, automobile manufacturers, airports and shipping companies. Mr. Woodman also has experience representing sellers, purchasers, lessors and lessees of commercial real estate.
Mr. Woodman also has significant experience in complex litigation in both state and federal court. Mr. Woodman has represented class action plaintiffs and defendants, international contractors, qui tam plaintiffs, real estate owners, accountants, asset purchasers and sellers, banks and factoring companies. Mr. Woodman’s range of litigation experience spans from simple contract suits to complex claims by foreign entities against the United States.
Areas of Practice
- Representing a large regional lender, negotiated, documented and closed a sophisticated $35 million construction loan to build a luxury hotel in Delaware.
- As lender’s counsel, successfully documented a $17.7 million credit facility relating to a building complex including analysis of dozens of existing leases for compliance with the lender’s underwriting requirements.
- New Jersey
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court New Jersey
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law – Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. – 2001
- Law Review
- Honors: Moot Court
- Honors: Dean’s list
- University of Idaho
- B.S. – 1997
- Major: Political Science
- University College of London – 2001
- Recent Cases Throw Deepening Insolvency Into the Deep End, March, 2007
- Bankruptcy Supplement to Legal Intelligencer Advanced Issues In Judgment Enforcement, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2003