David E. Stern
David E. Stern is a Principal of the firm and concentrates his practice on financial services and creditors rights. David represents commercial lending and leasing clients in troubled credit situations. This includes workout, loan restructurings, forbearance, enforcement actions, and bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings.
David has extensive experience liquidating and recovering collateral assets, representing commercial landlords in enforcement of their contractual rights and representing various entities in connection with the acquisition of distressed loan portfolios. Most recently, David handled an $8.5 Million workout involving a hotel and undeveloped properties in Monroe Co, PA.
David is recognized for his expertise in representing clients in all aspects of the litigation process in both State and Federal Court, as well as in various alternative dispute resolution venues.
In addition, as a member of the Financial Services Practice, David has documented numerous financial transactions secured by commercial real estate.
In his spare time, David builds and repairs computers. His services are often in demand around the office.
Areas of Practice
- Pennsylvania, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1979
- Temple University
- B.A. magna cum laude – 1976
Honors and Awards
Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2010 – 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference