Leona Mogavero, Esq.
Leona Mogavero is a Principal of the firm and concentrates her practice in the area of creditors’ rights and bankruptcy. She has extensive experience representing financial institutions and other lenders in the negotiation and documentation of commercial loan workouts and restructures, as well as in enforcement and asset recovery. She also has experience in a variety of real estate transactional matters. Her practice has included enforcement of security interests in a wide range of assets, with a particular emphasis on real estate collateral. She has also appeared in state and federal courts in debtor/creditor matters.
Ms. Mogavero’s bankruptcy practice has included the representation of various parties, primarily secured creditors, in both commercial and consumer bankruptcies. She has litigated numerous contested matters in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Mogavero has supervised and instructed associate attorneys and paralegal assistants in the handling of commercial and residential mortgage foreclosures, and is a frequent speaker at seminars for financial professionals and attorneys regarding loan workouts, collections, and bankruptcy.
Areas of Practice
- Creditors Rights
- Financial Services
- Corporate and Business Law
- Real Estate
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1983
- LaSalle College
- B.A. maxima cum laude – 1980
- “Boot Camp: Foreclosure and Loan Workout Procedures”, NBI Continuing Legal Education Seminar, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- “How To….Protect the Bank and Assist the Borrower When Tax Liens Exist”, Risk Management Association’s Program
- “Collecting Judgments”, PBI Commercial Litigation Institute, 2015
- “Pennsylvania Foreclosures and Workouts”, NBI Continuing Legal Education Seminar, 2013 and 2015
- “Ultimate Guide to Commercial Real Estate Law”, NBI Continuing Legal Education Seminar, 2015
- “Real Estate Transactions From A – Z”, NBI Continuing Legal Education Seminar, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Risk Management Association, Member
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference, Member
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), Philadelphia Chapter, Board Member