Many of us will be traveling this summer. This likely means staying in a hotel. While a hotel can be a place of rest and relaxation, there are a number of ways for an accident to occur. Read on to learn more about hotel accidents in Pennsylvania and what to do in the event of an injury.
How do Hotel Accidents Occur?
Hotels have a number of amenities such as restaurants, pools, gyms, spas, and more. But, if the grounds are not maintained at all times, serious accidents can occur. The majority of hotel accidents are due to:
- Stairwell accidents
- Elevator/escalator accidents
- Defective gym equipment
- Unsafe buildings and walkways
- Swimming pool accidents
- Food poisoning
- Inadequate security on the premises
Providing Proof of Negligence
If you were injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. But, in order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to provide proof of this negligence. After an accident, it is important to take the following steps:
- Call 911- It is important to call 911 right away. The police can send an ambulance to the scene, interview witnesses, ensure that premises are safe, and more.
- Seek medical attention – After an accident occurs, many people attempt to skip a hospital visit. This is dangerous because it is possible to sustain a serious injury without realizing it. Additionally, going to the hospital will ensure that your injuries are properly treated while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Alert the manager- After your accident, be sure to alert the hotel management. This should prompt them to file an accident report. If possible, obtain the manager’s name and a copy of the report.
- Document the scene- While waiting for the ambulance to arrive, be sure to take pictures and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident to occur.
- Obtain witness contacts- If anyone saw your accident occur, they may be able to corroborate your version of events. Ask for their name and contact information- this may be important when it comes to a personal injury case.
- Contact an attorney- An experienced personal injury attorney may be able to obtain further proof of negligence, including security camera footage.
If you have been injured in a hotel, reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney. Our firm will fight to recover the compensation you need and deserve.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.