Accidents Due to Inadequate Security in PA | What You Should Know

If you are someone who has been injured on another person’s property due to inadequate security, there is a very good chance that you may qualify for financial compensation. Please continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys to learn more about inadequate security accidents and how our firm can help you if you have been injured in one. Here are some of the questions you may have:

What are some examples of inadequate security?

There are a wide array of examples of inadequate security, including the following:

  • Failing to have security cameras set up, thus not capturing crimes/injuries.
  • Having cameras installed but failing to monitor them to stop a crime.
  • Having cameras installed but failing to maintain them and ensure they are fully functional.
  • Having security guards that are improperly or insufficiently trained.
  • Not having adequate lighting in walkways/stairways/parking lots.

What should I do if I am injured on someone else’s property?

If you are injured in an accident on another person’s property and there were no cameras to catch the accident as it happened, you should take several steps to bolster your chances of winning a personal injury claim in the future. To start, you should notify the property owner of your injuries, and from here, you should call the police, as they will report the accident and send an ambulance to the scene. Next, you should ask anyone who saw your accident for their name and phone number so they may corroborate your claim. You should then take pictures of the unsafe conditions before anyone has a chance to clear them away before the police arrive. Finally, once you are treated at a hospital, you should retain the services of an experienced Pennsylvania personal injury attorney who can gather and present all additional evidence needed to satisfy the burden of proof on your behalf.

How long will I have to sue someone for an injury in Pennsylvania?

After sustaining an injury in an accident, you will have to file your personal injury claim in accordance with Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations. Since the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in PA is, under most circumstances, two years, you will, generally, have two years from the date of your accident to sue the party responsible. Do not wait too long to sue, for if you do, you will most likely be barred from suing. We are ready to get started today–all you have to do is give us a call.


Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.

News & Resources
Can I put my house in a trust in Pennsylvania?

If planning your estate, understanding whether or not you can put a house in a trust is critical. This blog explores what…

Read more
Are medical bills paid from personal injury settlements in PA?

Car accidents and medical bills often go hand in hand. As such, understanding who bears the financial burden is vital. Read on…

Read more
Friedman Schuman - Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Real Estate, Corporate & Business Law, Financial Services, Wills, Trusts & Estates
Contact Friedman Schuman!