People, generally speaking, are prone to making mistakes. This tendency and how we respond to the mistakes we make is, in part, what makes us human. Sometimes, however, the mistakes we make can have harmful consequences for others. One person's carelessness can cause another person to sustain personal injuries.
A personal injury is a physical and/or psychological injury that occurs to a person in an accident that is the result of someone's carelessness. People sustain personal injuries in traffic accidents, construction site accidents, work place accidents, slip and fall accidents, defective product accidents and accidents in the home. When an accident is caused by another person's carelessness (negligence), the law permits the injured person to seek compensation for his or her damages.
We at Friedman Schuman are here to help you if you have been injured in an accident. We can help you obtain the compensation to which you may be entitled including compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering, financial losses, medical expenses and wage loss. Your prospects for being compensated appropriately are maximized with the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer at Friedman Schuman.
We represent clients who have been injured as a result of:
- Auto Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents
- Defective Products
- Work Place Accidents
We help clients who sustain temporary injuries as well as clients who sustain permanent, catastrophic injuries, such as laborers, plasterers, iron workers, glazers and other trades people who are injured on construction sites. A catastrophic injury is an injury which permanently alters a client's life, often resulting in the client's inability to function independently in activities of daily living and, an inability to ever return to work. Under such circumstances, we strive to obtain sufficient compensation to meet the financial needs of the client for the remainder of the client's life.
Obtaining the proper amount of compensation is a function of properly evaluating the value of your claim. The goal of the insurance company is to minimize the amount of money you are paid. Our extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies puts you in the best position to maximize your recovery.
We take pride in our ability to obtain the appropriate amount of compensation for our clients who sustain personal injuries in accidents. Please do not hesitate to contact us so that we may help you if you are injured in an accident.
- $9.2 million verdict in Philadelphia for catastrophically injured union plasterers on a construction site during the conversion of The Sterling at 18th Street and J.F.K. Boulevard.
- $3.4 million settlement in Philadelphia for a union laborer who was catastrophically injured on a construction site during the conversion of the City Hall Annex to the Marriott Courtyard.
- $850,000.00 settlement the day before the start of a jury trial in Federal Court for a vending machine installer injured on the job.
- $650,000.00 for a union glazer who permanently injured one of his legs in a work site accident during the construction of the new International Terminal at Philadelphia International Airport.