When an individual in Pennsylvania is having a very serious medical issue that needs immediate attention, they typically go to the emergency room with the expectation that medical staff will assist them. All medical professionals are expected to meet a certain standard of care. When they fail to meet this standard, patients can become the victims of medical malpractice and suffer tremendously. When an individual does not receive the appropriate standard of care from a medical professional in a Pennsylvania emergency room and suffers from consequences of malpractice, they may want to consider their legal options.
Common Emergency Room Errors
Emergency room errors cover a wide range of issues, some of which include the following:
- Failure to order appropriate testing
- Failure to identify health issues given the symptoms
- Medication errors, such as:
- Giving the patient incorrect medicine
- Giving one patient medicine that is supposed to be for someone else
- Failure to account for medication allergies
- Administering medication to intoxicated patients
- Emergency room staffing issues, such as:
- Inexperienced or unsupervised staff
The health issues that are most frequently misdiagnosed in emergency rooms are appendicitis, heart attacks, strokes, and brain injuries. Of course, these are all very serious and if not treated, may be fatal. If you or a loved one has been the victim of an emergency room error in Pennsylvania, contact our firm today.
Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.