Robert H. Nemeroff, Esq., of Friedman Schuman, P.C., recently settled Wrongful Death/Survival actions for a 27 year old male who died when his motorcycle, while stopped on York Road in Hatboro at 1:15 a.m., was struck from behind by a motor vehicle, causing him to be ejected from the bike into the street. The motor cycle operator sustained fatal head injuries and died the following day when he was removed from life support. The majority of the settlement proceeds were allocated to the Survival Action because the decedent was not survived by any family members with claims under the Wrongful Death Act. Most of the value in the case arose from decedent’s future wage loss claim. The third party claims settled at mediation for $695,000. The Honorable Mason Avrigan, Sr., serving as the mediator, was instrumental in effectuating the settlement. The underinsured motorist claim had previously settled for the policy limit of $100,000.
- FRIEDMAN SCHUMAN ATTORNEYS NAMED 2020 PENNSYLVANIA SUPER LAWYERS
- Appointment Of Subchapter V Trustee & The Small Business Reorganization Act
- COVID-19 Announcement Regarding Office Operations
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Update
- Good Luck to Andrew Layser Today at the Chili Bowl Nationals!
- Good Luck to Andrew Layser on His Second Chili Bowl Race!
- Friedman Schuman, PC ranked by U.S. News & World Report 2020 edition of ”Best Law Firms”
- Read More News