A hotel is meant to be a place to relax and rest. However, when hotels are managed and staffed negligently, they can become unsafe very quickly. If you have been injured in a hotel accident due to no fault of your own, you likely have a valid personal injury claim. To learn more about filing your claim after a hotel accident in Pennsylvania, continue reading and contact our Montgomery County, PA slip and fall injury attorneys.
How do hotel accidents occur?
There are many amenities in most hotels such as pools, spas, gyms, restaurants, and more. If the grounds are not maintained at all times, this can lead to serious injuries. The majority of hotel accidents are caused by the following:
- Stairwell accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Food poisoning
- Elevator/escalator accidents
- Unsafe buildings and walkways
- Defective gym equipment
- Inadequate security on the premises
What should I do after a hotel accident?
You may be entitled to recover compensation if you were injured due to another party’s negligence. To recover compensation, you will have to provide proof. This is why it is essential to take the following steps after your accident to collect evidence of your accident and to increase your chances of filing a successful claim:
- Call the police. They will bring an ambulance to the scene to treat any injuries. They will also conduct a police report to document the accident. It is also important to notify the management of the hotel so that they can file an incident report.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Collect all relevant medical documentation. These documents should state the date, time, and severity of your injuries.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, it is best to document the scene as much as possible. Photograph the hazardous conditions that caused your accident. Also, photograph your injuries.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their contact information including their name, phone number, and email address.
- Reach out to our experienced Montgomery, PA personal injury attorney who will work to collect further evidence to support your claim. This may include surveillance footage of your accident as it happened. Our legal team at Friedman Schuman is prepared to fight for your right to compensation. We will work to satisfy the burden of proof necessary to recover the damages you deserve. Give our firm a call today to learn more about how our team can assist you.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED PENNSYLVANIA FIRM
Friedman Schuman is an experienced and dedicated legal resource for clients throughout Pennsylvania. We proudly serve clients facing a wide range of legal matters. If you require the services of an effective attorney, please contact Friedman Schuman today to schedule a consultation.